Ben Richardson, a British cinematographer, was known for keeping behind the camera, but his personal relationship with a renowned girlfriend thrust him into the spotlight this time. Ben Richardson is best recognized for directing and cinematography on the feature films Beasts of the Southern Wild and The Fault in Our Stars.
Ben’s work on the Oscar-nominated Beasts of the Southern Wild earned him Best Cinematography awards at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival and the 2013 Independent Spirit Awards.
Ben Richardson’s Bio, Movie, Age, Career
Benjamin T. Richardson was born on September 21, 1983, in England, United Kingdom. He received his education at Royal Holloway, University of London, where he majored in media arts.
The 34-year-old British cinematographer was initially contracted for only a few scenes in Beasts of the Southern Wild. However, after seeing his shot on a test reel, the producers hired him to shoot the entire film.
Ben was also in charge of filming The Fault in Our Stars, a summer success based on John Green’s best-selling novel. Seed, his animated short, won Best Animated Short at the Slamdance Film Festival in 2010. Happy Christmas, starring Anna Kendrick and Melanie Lynskey, and Drinking Buddies, starring Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson, are two of his collaborations with filmmaker Joe Swanberg.
Sand Castle, set during the 2003 Iraq occupation, Table 19, and Taylor Sheridan’s Wind River are among Ben’s latest work.
- Date of BirthSep 21, 1975
- Age46 Years, 8 Months
- Birth PlaceEngland, United Kingdom
- Birth NameBenjamin T. Richardson
- Relationship StatusSingle
- Wife/SpouseNot Known
- Divorce/SplitNot Yet
- GirlfriendAnna Kendrick (2014-?)
- Net WorthNot Disclosed
- CollegeRoyal Holloway, University of London
- Height/ How Tall?5 Feet 7 Inches (1.70m)
- Weight64 Kg (141 Lbs)
- Hair ColorBlonde
- Eye ColorLight Brown
- Official Sitehttps://www.benrichardson.com/
- Children/KidsNot Yet
Ben Richardson’s Incredibly High Net Worth
Ben has probably made more than the typical cinematographer, having worked on films that grossed millions of dollars. His best-known novels, The Fault in Our Stars and Beasts of the Southern Wild, in particular, brought him millions of dollars, and Ben profited handsomely from them.
Ben’s net worth hasn’t been released, but according to reports, a cinematographer earns $174,000 per year, therefore it’s safe to assume he earns significantly more because he’s worked on major projects.
Anna Kendrick, the star of Pitch Perfect, is dating Ben Richardson
Ben has removed his single tag and has been seeing his superstar girlfriend, Anna Kendrick, since 2014. He lives behind the camera, catching the moment from the greatest angle.
Ben first met Anna while filming sequences for the 2013 comedy Drinking Buddies, in which Anna co-starred with Olivia Wilde and Ben.
If you’re wondering why their romance wasn’t in the news at the time, it’s because both Ben and Anna are privacy freaks who kept their relationship under wraps until the paparazzi discovered it.
The two were frequently seen together in 2015, and there were countless images of them on the internet. Anna was photographed wearing a ring on her engagement finger, adding fuel to the rumor. But no one has ever seen Anna wearing an engagement ring since then, and Ben hasn’t made any special announcements either.
So the engagement may be a ruse, or the two could be masters at keeping their private lives hidden from the press. Ben and Anna are still together, since they were seen crossing the street holding hands in Miami, Florida in July 2018.
Ben is completely enslaved by his lover, and it appears that he has no intention of letting go of Anna’s grip.
For More Gossip: Due to Ben Shapiro’s Conservative Stance his Sister is Trolled
Ben Richardson’s Most Interesting Facts
- 1. Ben has worked on two Netflix original films: 1922, a mystery drama, and Sand Castle, a military drama.
- 2. Ben’s Instagram feed is full of his photographs, most of which exalt nature, which is appropriate for a filmmaker.
- 3. After viewing Benh Zeitlin’s passion and love for stories and monsters, Ben was drawn to collaborate on Beasts of The Southern Wild.
- 4. Ben has appeared in ads for a variety of companies, including Southwest Airlines, iPhone, Nike, Android, and Swiffer.
- 5. Following his Independent Spirit Award, Ben was nominated for a number other accolades, including the Camerimage Award and the Satellite Award.